Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Callender Girls Challenge and why should I participate?
The Callender Girls Challenge is a female orientated competition devised by award winning trainer, Richard Callender, to try and create change over a 50 day period of time. It is 50 days in which you commit to creating a healthier, happier and more focused you by listening to your inner HER. You can choose to either work towards a weight loss/physical change or set yourself a target of being inspirational by helping others. See ‘Challenge Rules’ for more details. The 12 women with the best transformation or inspirational story will be crowned our Callender Girls.
Q: When does the Challenge start and how do I register?
The Challenge dates will always be displayed on the website and there will be a designated number of available places to participate to enable us to give the right amount of support to the Callender Girls. We will give you advance notice of the start date of registration, the application closing date and the 50 day period we will cover so that you can plan accordingly.
All bookings must be made via the Callender Girls website and cannot be made directly via any 3rd party, team member or Richard Callender himself.
Q: How much does participating in the Challenge cost?
The Callender Girls Challenge is priced at only £49 for the duration of the 50 days. This price includes your workouts, nutritional guidelines, discounted tickets to the Callender Girls Live events and everything associated with the programme within the time period.
Q: How much can my body change in 50 days?
The answer to the question is difficult because the human body is a complex machine and any number of factors can affect the amount of weight lost or physical change. However we have created this programme with the intention of you losing at least 2lbs per week as a minimum through a consistent eating protocol and intensive workout sessions. The Challenge lasts for 50 days, this equates to approximately 7 weeks, therefore we hope to see at least 14lbs weight loss and obvious changes in your lean muscle.
Do I need to follow a strict dietary plan?
The Callender Girls principle of nutrition is based upon ensuring we create a healthy calorie deficit across a 7 day period, which then translates to a significant calorific difference over the 50 day duration. We don’t believe in faddy diets that you start and finish on the Callender Girls programme. We want you to eat a balanced diet that you could see yourself continuing for the long term and once you have learned how to enjoy food and maintain your physique.
Nutrition wise: 1) Eat whole foods, 2) Create a calorie deficit based on your BMR, 3) Consume enough protein, 4) Reduce your consumption of sugar/processed foods/alcohol
Lifestyle wise: 1) Resistance/weight training, 2) Get enough rest, 3) Minimise your stress levels, 4) Enjoy life
Q: Can I repeat the programme and if so, how many times?
You can apply to participate in the Callender Girl programme as often as you wish because we do not expect everyone to reach their desired goal in just 50 days and so if you feel that you need the support from other participants and the team, then join in again.
Q: Do I need any equipment or have to be a member of a gym?
No, you will not necessarily need to purchase equipment to participate in the workouts as they are based mainly on bodyweight training as a minimum and if you are a member of a gym then you will use our official gym workouts.
Q: Where can I do the programme?
You can complete the Callender Girls workouts wherever is convenient and we have built the site to be compatible with TVs, PCs, tablets, smartphones and multimedia players. Please ensure you have sufficient space with which to exercise safely, you are medically able to participate and if you have any doubts please see your medical practitioner for advice or clearance.
Do you have to attend the Callender Girl: Live events as part of the challenge?
The Callender Girl events were created to enable women to come together to workout with Richard and special guests at designated venues across the UK. They are a mix of different workouts, set to cater for all levels of fitness and will give you the opportunity to meet your fellow challenge participants and workout with friends.
Terms, Conditions & Disclaimers
- Health and Fitness Clearance. Richard Callender/Callender Girls strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. You should be in good physical/psychological condition and be able to participate safely in the exercise segment of the workout programme. The Callender Girls team are not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition. You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury and in some cases there may a risk of psychological stress placed upon the individual. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Richard Callender/Callender Girls from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of negligence.
- Entry and Eligibility to Win. The Callender Girls Challenge (the “Challenge”) runs for an inclusive period of 50 days. To participate in the Challenge, you must complete the registration form at callendergirls.com and pay the Challenge registration fee which covers the cost of services provided to you and administration of the Challenge. If you become pregnant during the Challenge, you are no longer eligible to win and may receive entry into the next Challenge. Women who are pregnant are not eligible for prizes, any body changes due to having a baby, any surgery or illegal substances will not be eligible.
- Photo and Essay Submission. To be considered for prizes, you must submit a total of eight (8) photos and a short, 300 word personal essay (as described below) to us .Of the 8 photos, you must submit three (3) recent “before” photographs and three (3) “after” photographs using the following instructions: front body and head view, back body view, and side profile view. The “before” photos and the “after” photos should be similar poses. Please do not take pictures in changing rooms, gyms or social traffic areas. Though not required, for best results the photographs should be three quarter (¾) body or full body to show full weight loss and body transformation. The front view should clearly show the Callender Girls Challenge specific start day logo (viewable on your smart device or printed media) to ensure the photographs are recent. Any entries submitted by someone other than you or professionally produced or enhanced will be rejected. You will also be required to submit an essay/diary that describes your weight loss or transformation journey if you want to be considered for prizes. The essay should explain your goals during the Challenge, how Callender Girls helped you achieve your results, how your lifestyle has changed, and how you plan to maintain these changes. The essay is limited to 300. If the essay exceeds 300 words, only the first 300 words will be considered.
- Challenge Judging and Winners. Entries may be submitted within 72 hours upon completion of the 50 days. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges based on: overall weight loss as shown in before and after photos; essay content; percentage weight loss and other factors we deem necessary. The top 12 female finalists will be notified within 21 days of challenge completion. Each finalist will have their essay, photos, and weight loss results posted in the Facebook Group where voting will take place. In the event of a tie, Richard Callender will determine the appropriate tie-breaking mechanism. All entries become property of Callender Girls and will not be returned.
- Prizes are non-transferrable. In the event of a monetary prize, taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner and will be transferred via a verified PayPal address. Prize winner(s) may also be required to sign a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of notification or Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. Prizes displayed must be supplied, however, in some cases items may be substituted and will be of equivalent or similar value.
- Participants Release. Participants will be required to provide before and after photographs to Callender Girls HQ to be used for promotional and marketing purposes. Finalists, before receiving the Prize and as a condition of receiving the Prize may be required to provide valid photo identification featuring her name and address as it appeared on the application form supplied, provide proof of proper age and residency and sign relevant disclaimers.
- Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability, and Indemnification.You acknowledge that there may be some element of physical or mental risk associated with your participation in the Callender Girls Challenge. By entering the Challenge, each participant agrees to follow this disclaimer and to release, discharge, and not hold Richard Callender/Callender Girls and its affiliates, freelance team and agents, together with the present and future officers, agents, employees and representatives of each of them, from any and all responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with any person’s participation in the Callender Girls Challenge.
- No Guarantee of Weight Loss or physical transformation.Individual weight loss results vary and any participation in the Callender Girl Challenge does not guarantee weight loss. Factors such as diet, exercise intensity, genetic makeup, overall health, or physiological differences may influence weight loss. Please consult with your physician before beginning any new nutrition or exercise program. If you have any doubts about your ability to successfully participate in the programme, then please refrain from registering as refunds/transfers are not applicable under any circumstance.
- General terms.No participant shall use any artificial or inappropriate means of weight loss or alteration in body composition in order to participate or win the challenge. This includes, but not limited to liposuction, weight loss surgery, anabolic steroids, artificial fat burners or other similar procedures. All interpretations of these rules shall be made by Richard Callender or associates, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding. Richard Callender reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Challenge or any part of this Challenge for any reason. Richard Callender reserves the right, with sole discretion, to disqualify any individual he reasonably suspects or believes to be tampering with the entry process, any part of the Challenge itself, or the award mechanism by any means or suspected to be acting in violation of these official rules or any other term or condition of the Challenge. If Richard Callender determines, in his sole discretion, that unforeseen events have compromised the integrity or viability of the Challenge, he reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Callender Girls Challenge, including the entire Challenge, and/or modify the Challenge. Richard Callender shall not be responsible for lost, incomplete or late entries, weigh-ins/body composition measurements or for any entries or weigh-ins/composition measurements/essays/photos that are not received by the applicable deadline for any reason whatsoever.